Is the summer already over? Penn is preparing for a big student move-in, which means that Spruce street will be closed again between 34th and 40th Streets on certain days starting Sunday, Aug 17. Watch out for traffic detours and bus re-routing during street closure times (see below). Also, you will have to walk your bike on closed Spruce Street segments.
Here are more details from the Penn Division of Public Safety:
“To facilitate new student move-in, closures of Spruce Street will take place on the following dates, times and locations:
Sunday, August 17th: 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Spruce Street between 34th and 40th Streets
Thursday, August 21st: 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.: Spruce Street between 34th and 38th Streets
Friday, August 22nd: 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.: Spruce Street between 34th and 38th Streets
Saturday, August 23rd: 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.: Spruce Street between 38th and 40th Streets
UPPD will be on location to assist with traffic flow.
- Emergency vehicles and hospital patient transport vehicles will be permitted access.
- Access will be provided to the Ryan Vet Hospital: Access will be provided for non-emergency cases by way of 40th and Spruce Streets, emergency cases will be permitted access at 38th and Spruce Streets.
- No taxi cabs will be permitted access.
- Vendors will be permitted access to enter the street prior to the street closure.
- Bikes will need to be walked on Spruce Street while the streets are closed to traffic.
- Septa Routes 40 and 42 will be re-routed.
- HUP, Morgue and Wistar deliveries will be allowed to enter Spruce Street at 34th Street.
- Garage 14 will be open and accessible throughout move-in.”