The 2014 World Cup starts Thursday in Brazil and many local watering holes and cafés are getting ready. We have a few places listed below that have said they will have their TVs tuned in for the duration of the tournament (June 12 – July 13) and will be welcoming neighborhood soccer fans. By the way, the tournament kicks off at 4 p.m. on Thursday with a Group A game – Brazil vs. Croatia. Let us know if you know of any other spots where shouting, cheering and maybe even a vuvuzela or two are encouraged.
• Cafe Renata, 4305 Locust St (Facebook page). The opening game party starts at 2 p.m. on Thursday, June 12 (a complimentary Lager will be served with any lunch order).
• City Tap House, 3925 Walnut St (Facebook page).
• Drinker’s West, 39th and Chestnut (Facebook page). All the World Cup games will be shown at all three Drinker’s Philly locations, including Drinker’s West. You can stop by for drinks, tacos, hot dogs and soccer.
• Harvest Seasonal Bar & Grill, 40th and Walnut (Facebook page).
• Pasqually’s Pizza, 200 S. 43rd St. (Facebook page).
• Saint Declan’s Well Irish American Pub, 3131 Walnut St (Facebook page). Food and drink specials and giveaways will be offered during the games.